Welcome to the new series that I have started, called Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 70-410 Exam- Installing and Configuring.
Coming back to this series, let me first tell you how I came across the idea of creating this material.
You all must be aware that 70-410 Exam is the beginning point of the Microsoft’s certification path in achieving the MCSE for Windows Server 2012 R2.
And as I started to look around for some notes related to this topic, it was very difficult to find the correct set of articles or guides that completed the entirety of the exam.
Hence, I decided to make this “unofficial study guide” as I started to learn for the exam. Hope this helps the folks out there.
It’s not necessary that you need to be preparing for the exam, only then this guide is going to be useful.
It can be used as a guide for basic job skills applicable to administration in a Microsoft client/server environment.
Moving on, let us see what we will be covering in this course. I have tried and kept the course as per Microsoft’s Learning schedule.
It will be divided into six sections that Microsoft will test you on. And each of them will have subcategories to it.
Install and Configure Severs
- Objective 1.1: Install Servers.
- Objective 1.2: Configure Servers.
- Objective 1.3: Configure Local Storage.
Configure Server Roles and Features
- Objective 2.1: Configure Servers for Remote Management
- Objective 2.2: Configure File and Share Access.
- Objective 2.3: Configure Print and Document services.
- Objective 3.1: Create and configure Virtual machine settings.
- Objective 3.2: Create and configure Virtual machine storage.
- Objective 3.3: Create and configure virtual machine networks.
Deploying and configuring core network services
- Objective 4.1: Configuring IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
- Objective 4.2: Deploy and configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service.
- Objective 4.3: Deploy and configure DNS service.
Install and administer Active Directory
- Objective 5.1: Install domain controllers
- Objective 5.2: Create and manage Active Directory users and computers
- Objective 5.3: Create and manage Active Directory groups and organizational units (OUs)
Create and manage Group Policy
- Objective 6.1: Create Group Policy objects (GPOs)
- Objective 6.2: Configure security policies
- Objective 6.3: Configure Windows Firewall
I hope that this course helps you and it would be very kind of you if you spread the word across about the same so that more guys like you can benefit.